1. Wash you're hair in this pattern: Shampoo, but only every other day. Your hair produces natural oils which keep the hair healthy and attractive. You want to let some of these oils do their job, and treat your hair. Condition your hair everyday. And wash your hair with cold water as best you can. This helps the conditioner, and the natural oils to work. After your hair is dry, give your hair a blast of cool air to seal the cuticle.
2. Use products with caution: Whatever you do, do NOT use many hair products- at all. All they do it coat your hair. Coating your hair with greasy products is the last thing you want to do, especially when you could produce your own, natural and CLEAN shine by following these instructions.
3. Don't take the moisture away: by using heated straightening/drying products, you're drying out your hair. If straightening/drying is essential to your style, try using ones actually say that they produce less water vapor than regular brands.
4. Deep Conditioning: There are many ways to deep condition at home. I've heard of the following recipes: Mash eight strawberries together, add one table spoon of mayonnaise. Add mixture to damp hair, and put on a shower cap. Let it sit while you shower, then finally rinse with shampoo and condition. Mix mayonnaise and olive oil together- only enough to cover your hair. Work in to damp hair, concentrating on the ends, and let it sit for about 30 minutes. wash out with shampoo and conditioner. Do this once every couple weeks, to a month.
5. Brush your hair multiple times a day: Just walking around, dust, dirt and other unwanted things land in your hair. Keep your hair clean and smooth by brushing it all out.